MSP 2020 Improvements Project Open for Review and CommentPosted on January 16, 2013
The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), in cooperation with the Metropolitan Airports Commission (MAC), has completed a Final Environmental Assessment (EA)/Environmental Assessment Worksheet (EAW) and drafted a Finding of No Significant Impact-Record of Decision (FONSI-ROD) for the 2020 Improvements projects at the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport (MSP). These documents are open for a 30-day public review and comment period, which closes Friday, February 8, 2013.
The project includes terminal, landside and regional roadway improvements to meet the forecasted needs through 2020. Performance Based Navigation analysis and a revised noise mitigation program are also included in the Final EA/EAW.
Copies of the draft FONSI-ROD and Final EA/EAW will be available for review at the following locations during regular business hours through February 8:
- FAA Airports District Office, 6020 28th Ave S, Rm 102, Minneapolis, MN
- Minnesota Department of Transportation, Office of Aeronautics, 222 E. Plato Boulevard, St. Paul, MN
- MAC General Office Building, 6040 28th Ave S, Minneapolis, MN
- Nokomis Library, 5100 34th Ave S, Minneapolis, MN
- Augsburg Park Library, 7100 Nicollet Ave, Richfield, MN
- Oxboro Library, 8801 Portland Ave S, Bloomington, MN
- Highland Park Library, 1974 Ford Parkway, St Paul, MN
- MAC's website: www.metroairports.org
Please direct written comments to:
Ms. Kandice Krull
Environmental Protection Specialist
Federal Aviation Administration Airports District Office
6020 28th Avenue South, Rm 102
Minneapolis, MN 55450-2706
The FAA will respond to comments in the Final FONSI-ROD, which it anticipates will take place in February or March 2013. Following the FAA's determination, the MAC will make a determination on the Environmental Assessment Worksheet and publish a Hearing Officers Report/Findings of Fact, Conclusions of Law, and Order.